Objectives: expand on the issues, specificities, and the basics of product photography and animation in the leather goods sector through practical, situational workshops on different products and objects composition. Expanding on the basics of photo touch-ups. Understand and master the product photographic flow.
In-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for leather goods
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio with all necessary material. The camera equipment provided: Canon 5D or equivalent. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop. After a review of the fundamentals, the trainees organize, with the help of the trainer, their photo studio. Situational workshops for different cases of product shooting with constraints and graphic charters defined by the trainer.
Public: photographers, actors of the leather goods industry.
Outline of the training program
1-Reminder and expansion on the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- Panorama of the market and the industry trends of leather goods. Selling leather goods online ranges from artisanal items to the big luxury brands.
- How to understand and arrange the wide variety of products: from card holders to tote bags, as well as clutches and bucket bags, briefcases and suitcases.
- Expansion on the thinking process behind lighting different types of material (full-grain leather, velvet, suede, Napa, or Nubuck). Highlighting of finishing with macrophotographic shots (Norwegian, rush piping, bordering).
- Reminder of the basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Introduction to the benefits, challenges, and constraints of multi-angle, 360°, and 3D modeling.
- Indexing and consolidation of products for the shooting.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place products compositions or flat-lays of multiple products of various sizes (collection of leather goods for men: pouches, wallets, scarves, and belts).
- Create a system of repeatability for object (or groups of objects) placement (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and texture of the subject.
- Placement of different light sources and shapers: light boxes, reflectors, and barn doors, while taking into account the material’s texture in order to sublimate it.
- Shooting settings: speed, sensitivity, aperture, white balance.
- Adjustments and direct preview with the Live View.
- Use the monitor for shooting.
- Practical case studies of different types of products and product compositions of the industry
- Practical workshops with cases of different products in the industry. Accompanied and evaluated by the trainer.
- Verification of sharpness, framing, and colorimetry for various references.
- Optimization of contrasts and colors.
- Amplify or reduce glares and flashes / shadows / sharpness and digital noise.
- Harmonize the backgrounds.
- Export the images to the desired format for use on different types of broadcasting media: photos of leather goods for a print sales magazine, 360° animation of a handbag respecting the formatting of “responsive web design”, or even the creation of GIF animations for social media.
- Organize, name, and stock of leather goods visuals.
The benefits of this program
The in-depth program dedicated to the leather goods industry prepares you for the production of ready-to-use professional visuals. It enables you to face the constraints presented by the precise specifications and perfect photographic post-production.
30-day post-training follow-up. Continuous and end of course evaluation.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of in-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for leather goods.
Discover our module about photographic touch-ups with Photoshop.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.
Do you know about our PackshotOnboarding consulting offer?