Objective: learn and master the issues, specificities, and basics of photography in the wines and spirits industry, know how to place an object, choose lighting and its preparation by taking into account the containers and contents, master shooting, obtain a nice sharpness with the visuals, and learn the foundations of photo post-production.
Sectoral training in PackshotCreator photographic production for wines and spirits
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a photo studio. The provided equipment: Canon 1100D, 650D, or superior. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop.
Public: wine merchants, e-merchants, producers, actors in distribution…
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge on PC or Mac
Outline of the training program in photographic production for wines and spirits
1- Introduction to the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- The online wine and spirits market is in constant progression: retail, wine shop sites, private sales, subscription boxes, auctions and sales direct from the producer. The e-merchant must find a way to stand out and meet its buyers’ constant need of information and comparisons. Product visuals have an essential role in these needs.
- Which visuals to obtain so as to highlight wines and spirits, and thus attract the attention of the prospect?
- What are the codes and patterns of the industry?
- Introduction to different types of lighting: daylight, neon, LED, and flash management.
- Basic Principles of shooting different products of the industry: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- -Prepare and organize the photo studio to accommodate different products (sizes, types, accessories).
- Prepare and place various type of bottles. Highlight the juice inside a bottle, a glass, or even a decanter.
- Create a system of repeatability for the placement of your different bottles (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and texture of the subject, while keeping in mind the lighting difficulties tied to the industry through the use of diffusers in order to mitigate and homogenize the reflection of the glass, and highlight the robe of a wine.
- Management of the camera: exposure, adjustment, and focus.
- Adjust camera’s settings according to the product photographed.
- Visuals preview on control screen to adjust the settings.
- Managing reflections.
- Shooting of different products and contents: wine (white, rosé, and red), liqueurs, whiskies, or Champagnes. Shots of content in decanters, carafes, flutes, coupes, or stem glasses.
- Case studies on product containers of various sizes: half, magnum, jeroboam, mathusalem, melchior…Shots of different materials, containers, and packaging accompanying the sector’s references (wood, glass, metal, etc…).
- Touch-ups: verification of sharpness, framing, and optimization of the product visual colors.
- Export the images to the desired format.
- Visual storage.
The benefits of the program
Through learning the fundamentals of visuals production in the wine and spirits industry, the trainee will be able to place and photograph containers and contents on a neutral background. They are intended to be ready for integration into an online store, brochures, product factsheets, and all physical and electronic media, particularly on blogs and social networks which are all the rage in this sector.
30-day post-training follow-up.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for wine and spirits.
Discover our in-depth sectoral training content.
Discover our module about framing and object composition.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.