Objectives: expand on the issues, specificities, and basics of reference photography of furniture and decoration through practical situational workshops on various products. Concrete cases of product composition shootings. Understand and master the basics of photo touch-ups. Understand and master the photographic process.
In-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for design, furnitures and decorations
Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: Method and educational resources:
Public: amateur photographers, actors of design, merchants and e-merchants of furnitures, and decoration.
Prerequisites : basic photographic knowledge (manual settings, light sources…)
Outline of the training program in Packshot photographic production for design
1-Reminder and expansion on the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- What are the codes of the world of design, real estate, and decoration?
- What are the benefits when 360° animations and 3D models are used on web media or internal communication?
- How to understand and arrange the large variety of products sometimes imposing and complex (bulky furniture such as libraries or sofas) for a photo shoot?
- Reminder of the basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Introduction to the advantages, challenges, and constraints of multi-angle, 360°, and 3D shots for furniture and decoration.
- Indexing and consolidation of different references to shoot product in photo studio.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place furniture/decorative objects or compositions of multiple products from different categories: a child’s bedroom, a vanity unit, mirror and lighting.
- Create a system of repeatability of object placement for shootings of similar products (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and various textures of the subjects (reflective material, varnished furniture, reflection off of a vase, mirrors…). Placement of different light sources and shapers: soft boxes, reflectors, and barn doors.
- Shooting settings: speed, sensitivity, aperture, white balance.
- Adjustments and direct preview with the Live View.
- Use the monitor for shootings with Live View.
- Practical case studies of different types of products and product compositions of the industry (ensemble for dining or living room, photo composition of decorative vintage objects…).
- Evaluations by workshop of trainee photo productions performed by the trainer.
- Verification of the sharpness, framing, and colorimetry.
- Basic cropping.
- Optimization of contrasts and colors.
- Amplify or reduce glares and flashes / shadows / sharpness and digital noise.
- Harmonize the photographies backgrounds.
- Export the images to the desired format for use on different types of media (Web and print).
- Name, organize, and stock of visuals.
The benefits of the program
The theoretical and practical in-depth program in the sector of design, real estate, and decoration prepares you for the production of ready-to-use quality visuals for various communication support: e-store website for real estate and/or decoration, social networks, catalogues, or even archiving and databases. It enables you to face the constraints presented by the precise specifications and perfect photographic post-production. 30-day post-training follow-up. Continuous and end of course evaluation.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of in-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for Design (furniture and decorations).
Discover our module about 360° shootings.
Our comprehensive cycles
Discover our customized sectoral training courses.
Do you know about our PackshotOnboarding consulting offer?