Objectives: learn and master the issues, specificities, and basics of photography and macrophotography for technical parts, computing and high-tech, know how to place a subject, choose lighting and its preparation, master shots and learn the basics of photographic post-processing. .
Sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for high-tech and technical parts
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in an equipped photo studio. The provided photo equipment: Canon 1100D, 650D , or superior. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop.
Public: actors of computing, technical parts, and high-tech e-merchants…
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge on PC or Mac
Outline of the training program in photographic production for high-tech and technical parts
1- Introduction to the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- Producing photos and animations of tools, technical parts, and computer or high-tech products must be carried out in high-quality. These visuals must above all provide all the information visible on the subject: electrical connector, functions, settings, or proportions…
- A buyer of agricultural technical parts, for example, is looking for specific pieces. What visual to obtain in order to highlight these references?
- Review and study of the different types of lighting: daylight, neon, LED, and flash management.
- Basic principles of shootings: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place the products: consumables, plumbing and heating tools and parts, hardware, circuit boards, raw materials, automotive and two-wheel, as well as agricultural, technical parts, hard drive, flash drives, memory cards, and speakers.
- Create a placement system of repeatability for multiple groups of technical pieces or tools (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and texture of the subject: metals, smooth or porous plastics, wood.
- Management of the camera: exposure, adjustment, and focus.
- Camera adjustements according to the product photographed.
- Preview on Live View.
- Management of reflections (chrome parts with “mirror” reflections).
- Shooting of different subjects: wiring, speakers, digital cameras, embedded cameras, as well as smartphones.
- Case studies of different types of technical parts and high-tech material.
- Touch-ups: verification of sharpness, framing, and optimization of the product visual colors.
- Export the images to the desired format.
- Visuals storage.
The benefits of the program
The theoretical and practical fundamentals in photography tied to techniques and high-tech will enable you to master quality visuals production. The intern will be able to locate and photograph objects on a homogeneous background so that they are then integrated into a catalogue, on an e-commerce website, for archiving, or for quality control.
30-day post-training follow-up.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for technical parts and high-tech.