Objectives: learn and master the issues, specificities, and basics of the photography of furniture design and decorations, know how to position an object, choose then put into place lighting and prepare a background according to texture/colors, master shooting in order to obtain results as close to reality as possible. Basics of photographic post-processing photographic.
Sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for design (furniture and decorations)
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Participants: de 4-8.
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped studio. The provided photo equipment: Canon 1100D, 650D, or superior. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop.
Public : actors in the world of design, furniture, and decoration.
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge on PC or Mac.
Outline of the training program in photographic production for design (furniture and decorations)
1-Introduction to the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- The furniture and decoration market has more and more dedicated websites . Many traditional and general brands are present on the market.
- In what way are photographs and animations of furniture and decoration useful for sales? What visuals to obtain so as to stand out from the competition and be able to provide almost as much information and a physical store?
- Visuals in the design industry (furniture and decoration) contribute to building a true identity for communication and sales media.
- Introduction to different types of lighting: daylight, neon, LED, and flash management.
- Basic principles of shootings for different products, accessories, and materials: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Prepare and equip the Packshot photo studio.
- Prepare and place various products such as tapestries, mirrors, Scandinavian-style armchairs, child beds, vases, and other vintage decoration objects.
- Create a system repeatability of object placement for bedding, garden furniture, sofas, armchairs, and benches as well as living room furniture and decorative objects (ghost image).
- Install and adjust the lighting depending on the size and texture of the subject: marble, leather, ceramic, fabrics and various metals. The sector being vast, there are a number of reflection types to manage (matt surface, as well as varnished or reflective).
- Management of the camera: exposure, adjustment, and focus.
- Adjust camera’s settings according to the product photographed.
- Preview on Live View.
- Shooting of different furniture and decorations.
- Case studies and assessments of industry products with specificities for their enhancement.
- Touch-ups: verification of sharpness, framing, and optimization of the product visual colors.
- Export the images to the desired format.
- Visuals storage.
The benefits of this program
Learning the theoretical and practical fundamentals of shooting tied to the industry of furniture and decorations provides you with the means to produce ready-to-use quality visuals. The trainee will be able to place and photograph furniture and decorations on a neutral background which will be ready to be integrated onto print and online mediums.
30-day post-training follow-up.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for design (furniture and decorations).