Objectives: learn and master the issues, specificities, and basics of object photography of the packaging and agribusiness industry, know how to position a product, choose lighting and its preparation, master shooting and learn the basics of photographic post-processing in order to highlight and give relief to the subject photographed
Sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for packaging and agribusiness
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Participants: 4- 8.
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio. Canon 1100D, 650D, or superior. Software: Packshot Creator and Viewer, Lightroom and Photoshop.
Public: actors in the sector of packaging & culinary, in medium and large distribution.
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge on PC or Mac
Outline of the training program
1- Introduction to the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- What photos and animations to produce in order to optimize the visual chart in the packaging and agribusiness industry?
- Distance and online selling in agribusiness has developed and distinguished itself, notably with the arrival of “Drive”. Packaging, whether intended for the product, for its implementation, or for tracking, is an important tool in the client relationship and responds to trends, especially regarding eco-design.
- How, with the aid of visuals, to transform your visits into conversions?
- Introduction to different types of lighting: daylight, neon, LED, and flash management.
- Basic principles of shooting for packaging and agribusiness: aperture, speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Prepare and equip the photo studio.
- Prepare and place products: cylinders, tubes, cans, slabs, flexible packages or boxes…
- Create a system of repeatability or ghost image for object placement.
- Comment mettre en valeur l’agencement d’un sac (poches, fermetures, liaisons et fonctionnalités) ?
- Install and adjust the lighting depending upon the size and texture of the subject: plates, blister pack, metals, cartons or paper with color, often vivid and varied on the same packaging. For agribusiness, it is especially important to differentiate the treatment of organic products (fruits, vegetables, and those presented in packaging).
- Management of the camera: exposure, adjustment, and focus.
- Adjust camera according to the product photographed.
- Preview on Live View.
- Managing reflections
- Shooting of different subjects: fruits and vegetables, pack of bottles and other packaged alimentary products. Shots of matt cardboard packaging, reflective, with cellophane…
- Case studies of different types of products in the industry.
- Touch-ups: verification of sharpness, framing, and optimization of the product visual colors.
- Export the images to the desired format.
- Visuals storage.
The benefits of the program
Learning the theoretical and practical fundamentals of visuals production in packaging and agribusiness will enable you to place and photograph products on a neutral background. They will be ready to be integrated into catalogues, brochures, flyers, or on an e-commerce website.
30-day post-training follow-up.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for packaging and agribusiness.