Objective: expand on the issues, specificities, and basics of product photography for the eye wear and optics industry through practical situational workshops on various products. Practical workshops on positioning and composition for different product varieties. Understanding and mastery of the basics of photo post-production. Understand and master production flow of Packshot photography.
Optics/Eye Wear In-depth Packshot product photography Training course
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
Presenter: photographer specialized in product photography and animation, as well as in image processing, with educational experience.
Method and educational resources: the training program takes place in a fully equipped photo studio with all the photo material. The camera equipment provided: Canon 5D or equivalent. Software: PackshotCreator and PackshotViewer, Lightroom and Photoshop. After a review of the fundamentals, the trainees organize their photo studio with assistance from the trainer. Organization of practical application workshops for different cases of product shooting with constraints and graphic charters defined by the trainer.
Public: amateur photographers, actors in the optics industry.
Prerequisite: know the technical basics of digital photography and photographic post-processing in Photoshop and/or Lightroom.
Outline of the training program
1- Reminder and expansion on the challenges and specificities of the industry:
- Panorama of the market and its trends in e-commerce for the industry of eye wear, optics, and contactology.
- How to understand and arrange the large variety of products in the production of eye care visuals.
- Reminder of the basics of macrophotographic shooting: speed, aperture, sensitivity, and depth of focus.
- Introduction to the benefits, challenges, and constraints of multi-angle, 360°, and 3D visuals are decisive for converting visits into sales.
- Indexing and consolidation of products for the shooting.
- Preparation and layout of a photo studio.
- Prepare and place several product compositions: sets of eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses range…
- Create a system to repeat products position in the studio (ghost image).
- Install, adapt, and adjust the lighting system depending upon the size and texture of the subject.
- Manage the differences in optical glass reflections, whether they be polarized, organic, polycarbonate, or even mineral.
- Shooting settings: speed, sensitivity, aperture, white balance.
- Adjustments and direct preview with the Live View.
- Use the screen for shooting: the Live View.
- Practical case studies on different types of products and compositions : sunglasses, prescription glasses, corrective lenses…
- Macrophotographic shots of details such as frame hinges.
- Evaluations by workshop of trainee photo productions performed by the trainer.
- Verification of the sharpness of the photos, of the image framing, and of the colorimetry.
- Basic cropping.
- Optimization of contrasts and colors.
- Amplify or reduce glares and flashes / shadows / sharpness and digital noise.
- Harmonize the backgrounds.
- Export the images to the desired format for use on different types of media: Internet and print.
- Naming, organization, and storage of visuals.
The benefits of this program
The in-depth program for eye wear and optics prepares you for the production of directly useable, quality visuals. It enables you to face the constraints presented by the precise specifications, the management of reflections specific to eye care, and perfect photo post-production.
30-day post-training follow-up. Continuous and end of course evaluation.
Recognition of acquired skills
Certificate of completion of in-depth sectoral training in Packshot photographic production for optics and eye wear.